Friday, November 9, 2007

Hi, I'm a narrator and this is a blog.

Narrator Mood: Overworked.




Hi, I'm a narrator and this is a blog.






They told me the key to a successful blog is to be blunt and honest. Wow, that's going to be hard.

Truth is - I didn't really want to blog. Hell, I'm not really sure how I even narrate a blog ...but it's a Canadian comedy show and they couldn't afford to keep paying a staff writer so, ta-da the first ever Narrator blog.

You may be asking yourself "what the hell is this?" if you were asking that - read the first line - it's a blog. (sighs, narrating is much easier on tv.)

In the coming weeks this blog will feature my thoughts on narrating a new generation Time Magazine tried to label "twixters".

Narrator Note: That means they think we're "betwixt" aka "stuck" between adolescence and adulthood.

Plus, it's a catchier title on a magazine cover than "twenty-somethings stuck between adolescence and adulthood according to out of touch writer".

Pop-up segue -Which brings us to the show that employs me.

You see, I spend my days narrating the lives of six twenty-somethings for the new comedy series "twixters" -------------------------- (insert shameless plug).

Oh, I suppose that means I need to actually plug the show. Okay I'm not getting paid enough to do this. While I call my agent - just watch this trailer, I'm sure it will help you get caught up.







Twixters a new comedy series 11.27.07
Uploaded by twixterstv

p.s. apparently the characters are lonely and need friends - so add them to facebook under "twixters" or goto www.myspace.com/twixterstv .

p.p.s - See that right sidebar - now there are links to facebook, myspace and youtube - that way I don't have to type this again.

Signed,

The Narrator

No comments:

the best of twixterstv.com

If you don't have anything nice to say...

  • "Twixters creators turn short end of the stick into generational shtick" - the Toronto Star
  • "offers some real insight and humour..." - The Globe and Mail on The What Is
  • "The What Is has an intriguing mandate... it's worth checking out" - The Toronto Sun
  • " a voice of reason... Toronto's answer to Keith Olbermann" - Eye Weekly on Dan Speerin
  • "...treads into unchartered tv territory" - Eye Weekly on the The What Is
  • " A biting satire of media stereotypes and a fresh look on life after college" - Campus Life Canada
  • "Veering between biting satire and grim realism, Twixters is a comedy series with an edge" - U of T Magazine
  • "Biting Social Satire" - Sun TV's Canoe Live on Cynically Tested