Narrator Mood: Overworked.
Hi, I'm a narrator and this is a blog.
They told me the key to a successful blog is to be blunt and honest. Wow, that's going to be hard.
Truth is - I didn't really want to blog. Hell, I'm not really sure how I even narrate a blog ...but it's a Canadian comedy show and they couldn't afford to keep paying a staff writer so, ta-da the first ever Narrator blog.
You may be asking yourself "what the hell is this?" if you were asking that - read the first line - it's a blog. (sighs, narrating is much easier on tv.)
In the coming weeks this blog will feature my thoughts on narrating a new generation Time Magazine tried to label "twixters".
Narrator Note: That means they think we're "betwixt" aka "stuck" between adolescence and adulthood.
Plus, it's a catchier title on a magazine cover than "twenty-somethings stuck between adolescence and adulthood according to out of touch writer".
Pop-up segue -Which brings us to the show that employs me.
You see, I spend my days narrating the lives of six twenty-somethings for the new comedy series "twixters" -------------------------- (insert shameless plug).
Oh, I suppose that means I need to actually plug the show. Okay I'm not getting paid enough to do this. While I call my agent - just watch this trailer, I'm sure it will help you get caught up.
Twixters a new comedy series 11.27.07
Uploaded by twixterstv
p.s. apparently the characters are lonely and need friends - so add them to facebook under "twixters" or goto www.myspace.com/twixterstv .
p.p.s - See that right sidebar - now there are links to facebook, myspace and youtube - that way I don't have to type this again.
If you don't have anything nice to say...
- "Twixters creators turn short end of the stick into generational shtick" - the Toronto Star
- "offers some real insight and humour..." - The Globe and Mail on The What Is
- "The What Is has an intriguing mandate... it's worth checking out" - The Toronto Sun
- " a voice of reason... Toronto's answer to Keith Olbermann" - Eye Weekly on Dan Speerin
- "...treads into unchartered tv territory" - Eye Weekly on the The What Is
- " A biting satire of media stereotypes and a fresh look on life after college" - Campus Life Canada
- "Veering between biting satire and grim realism, Twixters is a comedy series with an edge" - U of T Magazine
- "Biting Social Satire" - Sun TV's Canoe Live on Cynically Tested